Searching for custom headers
Starting from build number 5679, administrators can search for custom headers and assign a score if it is found in an email message. This document discusses how to accomplish this task.
Assume you get emails from a special SMTP server that adds X-MYCUSTOMHEADER: true
in every email that passes through it and you want to assign a score if this header is found.
- Log in to the Admin console as admin
- Click Content Filters under Filter Management
- Click the View/Edit link next to Header
- Click Add new header filter link on the top
- Select Custom Header from the Field name combo box
- Specify the actual header line in the String to search for field
IMPORTANT: This string must contain a colon character separating the header name and its value.
- Assign a weight, which is the score an email is assigned when this header is found. A negative value means email is good, a positive means spam.
- Leave the operator to Contains
- Click Save button