Diagnostic Test for Inbound and Outbound Emails
Xeams includes self-testing modules for outbound and inbound emails. It would be best if you ran these tests once a month to ensure best practices are followed and nothing is misconfigured. Use the following steps to run these tests:
- Log in as the administrator
- Click Tools/Diagnostic Check - Inbound or Tools/Diagnostic Check - Outbound
What is Checked for Inbound
- Ensures connection to the downstream server is okay. This is only meaningful when running Xeams in Firewall or Hybrid mode.
- Ensures Xeams is not configured as an open relay
- DNS queries are resolved correctly
- Ensures your server is not accepting emails for invalid recipients
- Messages are not stuck in the outbound queue
What is Checked for Outbound
- Confirms best practices for sending outgoing messages are being followed
- Confirms that the PTR record exists for your public IP
- Confirms the SMTP signature is correct
- Confirms SPF, DKIM, DMARC, and MTA-STS are configured
Xeams will display helpful tips for resolving the problem if any test fails.