Product » Xeams » Knowledge Base
|Subject:||Importing white/black list emails from CSV files|
|Creation date:||12/15/16 1:45 PM|
|Last modified on:||8/10/18 3:13 PM|
Importing White/Black list email addresses
Starting from version 5.5 of Xeams, you can import black/white email addresses into Xeams following the method described on this page.
Preparing for import
Before you import keep the following points in mind:
You can import CSV (comma separated values) file into Xeams. This type of file contains one record per line and each value is separated by a comma. The first
email address should be a foreign address. The second address (which is optional) must belong to a local user. Every
line must contain values in the following format:
There are two types of white/black lists in Xeams:
- Global - this affects every user in Xeams and is typically managed under Sender Filters when logged in as admin
- User specific - this only affects one user and is called Buddy/Enemy list when logged in as a non-admin user.
There are 3 records in the above example. The first two records have two email addresses and the second address for each record is
. In this case Xeams will add two entries in the white/black list for the user email@example.com
The third record only contains one address, which is considered global therefore, anotherpartner@someCompany.com
will be added as a Sender Filter
at the global level.
Steps Importing Data
- Login to the Admin Console as admin
- Go to Filter Management, Content Filters and select Sender Filters
- Click Import Sender Filters
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.