|Document ID: ||4658|
|Subject: ||Fetching emails from a POP3 server - POP3 fetcher|
|Creation date: ||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on: ||8/10/18 12:35 PM|
Fetching emails from a POP3 server
Often, companies have to fetch their email from a POP3 server running at their ISP or any other company. This is typically the case where Xeams is running on a dynamic IP address or on a network that is not on the Internet all the time.
The following steps demonstrate how to fetch emails from a POP3 server.
- Log in to the Admin Console as admin
- Click Manage POP3 Fetcher under Server Management
- Click the link for New Account
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add a new POP3 account
Filtering Spam Using POP3
Although you could use a POP3 account to fetch messages from another system into Xeams, you lose a significant
amount of information that is crucial for filtering junk. In fact, you will lose about 60% of Xeams' filtering
capabilities when using this feature.
This happens because of the following reasons:
- Xeams cannot the check the reputation of the sender's IP address
- SPF and DKIM cannot be verified. It is very likely the message has been modified by the receiving SMTP server making DKIM signatures invalid.
- RBL servers cannot be used
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users?
This area is reserved for useful tips. Therefore, do not post questions here. Instead, use our public forums
to post questions.