|Subject:||Downloading QNAP package for Xeams|
|Creation date:||4/24/17 3:41 PM|
|Last modified on:||12/30/19 9:58 AM|
QNAP Package For Xeams
Use the following instructions to download and install Xeams on your QNAP device.
The package you download from this site will work with any version of QNAP, including QTS 4.4.1
- Download QNAP package for Xeams from here. Extract the zipped file into a temp folder.
The downloaded archive will only contain one file called Xeams_7.0.qpkg
Before installing Xeams, you will need the JRE package. This is done using the following steps:
- Go to App Center
- Select Developer Tools
- Install JRE 8.x.x
- [OPTIONAL STEP] Connect to QNAP's web interface and uninstall previous versions of Xeams from your QNAP if applicable. If you need to retain
your config files, you will have to restore the following folders
- Install Xeams by clicking the Install Manually button in App Center.Select the extracted Xeams_7.0.qpkg from your machine.
Posted by Synopsis on 5/15/20 4:22 AM
I had problems looking (!!!) similar: no STOP and no UNINSTALL worked. checking cmd line showed everything is fine, but browser stayed empty telling me that the page does not react/is unreachable ... the usual crab what browser tell.
then I tried telnet on port 5272 and got a redirection ;-)
I manually followed the redirection and got a rather big and usable web page. So what was wrong, I did not yet find out, but Xeams seams to have some problem when contacted from another machine.
So I started the BrowserStation and contacted the Xeams page >>LOCALLY<< and it worked ;-)
Result: Use BrowserStation and open localhost:5272
Posted by Joe T on 4/13/19 2:59 PM
Had the same problem installing Xeams, no connection when opened it up. I seem to have solved it though.
1) uninstall Xeams (not sure its necessary, but did it anyway)
2) install JRE
3) install Container Station (if not already installed)
4) re-install Xeams
5) check that JRE and Container Station are running (on app center/my apps, click the drop down arrow on each, if it has option to stop then they're running)
6) open Xeams, and admin panel should come up.
Posted by Montgomery Scott on 1/3/20 8:59 AM
I can not uninstall Xeams. Please help me.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.