Xeams and Rainloop
Rainloop is an free webmail application that holds IMAP and SMTP protocols to send and receive emails. You can integrate Rainloop with Xeams so that your Xeams users have the ability to login into their account anywhere.
By default, the Synametrics Virtual Machine comes installed with Rainloop, so no installation steps are necessary.
Integrating Rainloop with Xeams
This step assumes you've imported the Virtual Machine:
- You'll need to login to the web interface as administrator. To access the page, go to
http://synavm01:5678/?admin . Note that 5678 is the port in the VM for Rainloop.
- You will see a login page. The admin account is:
admin and the password by default is:
12345 . It is strongly recommended to change this password.
- Once logged in, click on the domains tab. In here, click on Add domain. You'll see a page that looks like this:
- First, specify your domain name (you can also specify * to allow all domains). Next, specify the IP Address/Hostname of your Xeams in both the server fields for IMAP and SMTP. Make sure the ports are correct. Set the correct security (either none, STARTTLS, or SSL/TLS).
- Once everything is specified, click on the Test button. If everything is correct, you will see IMAP and SMTP be highlighted in Green.
- Click add to add your current domain for Xeams.
- To login as the user, go to
http://synavm01:5678 (without the ?admin at the end). Specify the correct Xeams username/password.
- You will now be logged in as the user in Rainloop, and you will see any messages the user has received: