|Document ID: ||4677|
|Subject: ||Rebuilding Search Indexes|
|Creation date: ||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on: ||8/13/18 10:30 AM|
Rebuilding Searching Indexes
When message arrive in Xeams a search index is created in the background. This allows users to search for older messages a lot faster. Occasionally, you have to rebuild
these indexes, which occurs when:
- You manually move email files from an older Xeams
- Too many emails are deleted from one category
- You see errors in Xeams.log indicating search index is corrupted
Rebuilding index may take a long time. Additionally, you have to bring down the SMTP servers in Xeams so no emails are being received while the server is rebuilding indexes.
Steps to rebuild
- Do this on Sunday or when email traffic is light
- Login to the web interface as admin
- Temporarily disable SMTP servers (Regular as well as Proxy)
- Restart Xeams so existing indexes are flushed and closed
- Login again as admin
- Click the Home link. This should display the URL in the browser ending with
- Manually change the URL from
operation=185. The final URL should look like
- Hit ENTER key after changing the operation
- The amount of time it takes for rebuilding index depends upon the number of emails in your repository.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users?
This area is reserved for useful tips. Therefore, do not post questions here. Instead, use our public forums
to post questions.