Beta Release Build 6026
This page is obsolete as of December 03, 2018. Version 6.7 of Xeams has been released publicly, and there is no need to download the beta version following directions below.
Version 6.7 is available for beta testing. This new version has following features.
- Safe Attachment Viewer - safely look inside attachments to confirm they are safe.
making them safe to open.
Note: This feature will only be available in the Enterprise Edition.
- Enhanced End-To-End Encryption - Users can
set predefined passwords for senders they frequently send emails to when using
end-to-end encryption. Click here for details.
- Enhanced Greylisting when receiving emails from Office365. Microsoft recently deprecated a
mechanism used by Xeams to pull IP addresses belonging to Office365. This update uses
the new suggested method
by Microsoft to pull IP addresses.
- Enhanced Direction - previous versions of Xeams used the sender's domain to determine the direction (outbound or inbound).
This used to incorrectly classify a forged sender as outbound
even when the actual message came in from the Internet. This version considers a message outbound, if one of two conditions
are met: a) SMTP Authentication was used, OR b) Message came from an IP that is allowed to relay.
This information is used to draw the direction arrow in Message Repository.
- Xeams now supports encoded emails in UTF-7
- Emojis are now displayed correctly when viewing emails in Message Repository
Following instructions on this page
to rollback your Xeams back to v6.6.
If you're using a version older than v6.6, backup
folders on your existing Xeams. Restoring these two folders to their original content will bring down Xeams to your original
Downloading & Applying Beta
- Click here to download
Following instructions on this page to patch. Note that this page also has
download links for
Xeams.jar files. DO NOT download them from the
instruction page. They refer to the last released version.