Product » A free email server for Windows and Linux » Knowledge Base
|Document ID: ||4995|
|Subject: ||Clearing blocked IP address in Xeams|
|Creation date: ||8/16/16 10:43 AM|
|Last modified on: ||8/16/16 10:43 AM|
Clear Out Blocked User IP Addresses in Xeams
Sometimes a user might accidentally input a wrong password too many times (for example, user forgot to turn off caps lock when entering their password), resulting in their IP address being blocked by Xeams.
One can fix this problem by clearing the blocked IP address in the Xeams Admin Console.
Steps to unblock IP Addresses
- Log into the Web Console using the admin account.
- Go to Server Configuration.
- In the drop down menu, click on Manage Alerts.
- There will be a section called Password Alerts on the left side. If there are any IP addresses that are blocked, it will display the amount of blocked addresses here.
- Click on the hyper link to clear the IP addresses.
Posted by Steven Newman on 11/5/17 8:51 PM
So there isn't a way to just clear a specific IP address? It's all or none?
Is there any way to whitelist specific addresses so they can't be blacklisted?
Posted by Roy Irving on 4/18/18 1:04 PM
Is there a way to increase the amount of time that an IP address is blocked?
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users?
This area is reserved for useful tips. Therefore, do not post questions here. Instead, use our public forums
to post questions.